A wailing infant, left alone in the halls of a Kenyan hospital, draws the attention of medical staff. The adults begin to ask each other, Huyu mtoto ni wa nani? Who does this child belong to?
It happens, on average, hundreds of times every month in Kenya. A mother abandons her child – in a hospital, clinic or a police station. Or a child is taken from his family because of neglect, mental illness, or a simple inability to provide the many things a baby needs to grow and thrive.
Left alone, but not abandoned
These babies may be left alone, but they are never abandoned by their Heavenly Father. PROJECT 82’s Neema House – Neema means “grace” in Kiswahili – provides up to 25 babies with a home and family and a place to belong.
PROJECT 82 donors ensure that these children receive:
- Food and shelter
- Healthcare, medications, physical and developmental therapy
- Spiritual and emotional love and support
- Support and training for families who desire to reunite with their child
The impact of your life-giving donation:
- $38 per month sponsors the infant rescue home
- $100 – provides food and formula for one baby for a month
- $200 – provides diapers, food, formula for one baby for a month
- $250 – provides diapers, food, formula, healthcare for one baby for a month