Her husband worked hard for their family, but he was killed years ago. She now cares for their five children and the children of her sister, who died of HIV/AIDS. Alone. She desperately wants to provide for all of them, but some days she wonders how long she can continue this way.
There are 2.5 million orphans in Kenya. When communities are united in their commitment to protect and care for the orphans among them, PROJECT 82 focuses on long-term, sustainable solutions, empowering families to answer God’s call on their lives.
We know that children have the best chance to thrive when they grow up in a family. That’s why we’re passionately committed to sustaining families. Education, healthcare, spiritual development and skills training build the strong foundation for empowerment and self-sufficiency.
PROJECT 82 donors sustain families by providing:
- Basic necessities, such as food and healthcare
- Preparation for older children to achieve independence
- Life skills training
- Support to keep families together whenever possible
- Training for guardians to master sale-able skills, such as baking, knitting, sewing, welding, computers or bookkeeping.
- Spiritual and emotional support